This dish is so easy for a weeknight — no real recipe or measuring required here. Prep the shrimp the day before and you are all set for a fast and healthy dinner. If you like tomatoes, capers and shellfish, you can’t go wrong with this dish. I served the shrimp with a salad of red leaf lettuce, shaved fennel & dried blueberries dressed with just lemon juice and olive oil.
- 2 to 3 cups diced tomatoes (can also just use canned tomatoes if you wish)
- Handful of capers, rinsed
- Several minced garlic cloves
- 1 pound of shrimp or scallops (or a combination)
- feta cheese
- fresh herbs such as basil, dill or oregano
- several shakes of red chile flakes if you like things spicy
- Heat oven to 450 degrees
- Dump tomatoes in a shallow baking dish, sprinkle with garlic, capers, chile flakes and salt & pepper
- Add shrimp and a drizzle of olive oil — more chile flakes here if you wish and bake until bubbling — 10 minutes or so.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle feta on top. Bake an additional 5 minutes or so until shrimp are nice and pink. Sprinkle chopped fresh herbs on top and serve with hunks of crusty bread.