I have been craving some old school Mexican food so enchiladas it is. Homemade red enchilada sauce even. Say it isn’t so!
- Chicken enchiladas in red sauce with guacamole.
- Homemade enchilada sauce: I am only making the sauce from this recipe. The rest is too time-consuming for a lazy Sunday. I am loosely following the remainder of the recipe from the Pioneer Woman. Rather than saute my chicken, however, I decided to poach the breasts the day before in the slow-cooker, which makes moist, shredded chicken a snap.
- Roasted Hatch chiles: Don’t need to use canned here as I was the lucky recipient of a bag of freshly roasted Hatch chiles, which have been waiting patiently in my freezer. Thank you Kurt, my fellow foodie, friend and writer. Check him out at tasteoftravel2.com.
- Salad with a spicy lime vinaigrette and toasted pepitas
- Dinner with friends at our favorite local French bistro, Petit Louis. Monday night is steak tartare night — heaven! Nothing like a bowl of raw meat topped with a raw egg. I know, it sounds disturbing, but I adore the stuff.
- Feta-brined roast chicken. This is awesome. You now have my permission to toss out every other roast chicken recipe. Moist, flavorful and perfectly crisp skin. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
- Roasted root vegetables
- Leftovers tonight as I have jury duty and am not sure when I’ll be home in the evening. We will likely bust out those enchiladas again.
- Some sort of veggie or salad. I’ll figure it out.
- Mom’s quick linguine with clam sauce: easy to turn out on a week night. Use fresh clams and homemade tomato sauce when time permits.
- Green salad with toasted pine nuts and pecorino