Week of February 9th
- Dinner with dear friends at their home. I am told we will be enjoying duck — quack! Although I won’t be cooking dinner tonight, I will spend some time in the kitchen today making rubs, sauces and marinades for the upcoming week.
- Pork tenderloin with allspice dry rub
- Charred lemon-shallot chutney (I will make this ahead of time)
- Parmesan-roasted cauliflower: roasting cauliflower caramelizes the vegetable, turning the florets into a vegetable candy, if there is such thing. This is stupidly good.
- Tunisian-poached eggs in red pepper sauce. (Yes, it’s back. I never got around to making it last week. Here’s hoping it’s worth the wait.) My husband and I will enjoy the eggs, but I plan to offer up tofu for my vegan friend, who will be joining us for dinner.
- Chickpeas with leeks, spinach and smoked paprika.
- Homemade Harissa
- Leftover lamb Tagine
- Greek salad
- African Adobo-rubbed tuna steaks with avocado salsa (Make the Adobo rub ahead of time and this comes together very quickly).
- Champagne-marinated cucumber ribbons (this recipe is included in the above link).
- Spicy green salad with lime vinaigrette
- We are off to Vegas baby! The next menu will be up when we return.