Week of March 2nd
- Tonight is date night, which for us this evening means dinner and dancing. However, I will be making the ginger-apricot shrimp today as this is one of those dishes that is so-so the day of, but spectacular when made ahead of time.
- Caramelized squash on toast
- Fennel and avocado salad with mascarpone-stuffed dates and horseradish dressing (recipe to come as I am experimenting for our upcoming Supper Club dinner).
- Roast quail & grapes: you can easily substitute chicken or game hens if you prefer
- Ginger-apricot shrimp
- Cucumber and shredded cabbage salad
- Brown rice
- Leftover ginger-apricot shrimp
- Market fresh fish (I am hoping for scallops so I can prepare bacon-wrapped scallops with a honey-lime vinaigrette). Simply brush scallops with olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Wrap bacon around scallops and secure with toothpicks. While the scallops cook (preferably on the grill), whisk together lime juice, honey and olive oil to make the vinaigrette. Drizzle over the scallops and serve.
- Salad of fresh greens and feta cheese tossed with lemon juice and olive oil
- Leftover chicken and green salad or roasted vegetables
- We are headed out!