Week of June 8th
Tonight is our Supper Club and we are playing host and hostess. The theme: All American BBQ. My husband and I are providing cocktails, burgers and dessert. Our guests will surprise us with the rest. Trust me, if you are the burger-type (hell, even if you aren’t — like me), you will adore these babies. The combination of caramelized onions, blue cheese and spicy mayo is outstanding.
- Sparkling tarragon-gin lemonade
- Andouille and beef burgers with spicy mayo and caramelized onions
- Banana cream pie
- Grilled scallops (or pan-fried or seared or deep-fried, however you like them) over minted English pea puree. This pea puree is fresh and perfect for summer. It goes beautifully with a variety of proteins and the recipe makes a ton, so you will see the puree reappear again this week.
- Grilled rotisserie onions: I know I have mentioned these onions before, but they are absolutely incredible and take almost no effort. You don’t even need to peel the onions. If you don’t have a rotisserie, just dump the onions whole on the grill. Magic.
- Grilled asparagus or mushrooms, depending on the choices at the Farmer’s Market today.
- Farmer’s Market fish (whatever looks good)
- Roasted or grilled Farmer’s Market vegetables
- Leftover andouille burgers
- Green salad
- Saffron chicken breasts with English pea puree, pea shoots & mint (the pea puree makes another appearance in this dish)
- Oven-roasted cauliflower
- Leftover saffron-crusted chicken
- Simple green salad
- Something very light & super quick. We are teaching and performing at a pre-wedding rehearsal dinner dance party tonight. Not only do we need to rush over to the event after work, but I’ll need to don a slinky dance outfit and remain light on my feet. I wouldn’t want my dear husband to tip over.