Week of June 15th
- We are joining good friends and checking out a new (new to us anyway) farm-to-table restaurant called Maggie’s Farm. No cooking for me tonight! If you go, pay close attention to the art on the walls — it’s beautiful work and the artist happens to be a dear friend of mine. I have some of her stuff hanging in my kitchen. Apparently you get food AND art at this restaurant. Two for one!
- Vietnamese pork chops
- Twice-baked sweet potatoes with sesame-bacon brittle: oh my these potatoes are outstanding. The bacon brittle is divine!
- Stir-fried baby bok choy
- Indonesian swordfish: my Las Vegas pal Eryn turned me on to this fish recipe. I haven’t tried it yet but she knows her way around food and in the kitchen. Thank you Eryn!
- Greek composed salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, avocado and fresh oregano: this is simple to put together. Chop everything and toss with high quality olive oil and red wine vinegar. I sometimes like to add feta cheese or goat cheese. Certainly if you have bell peppers on hand, feel free to toss them in as well. Season with salt and pepper and serve. Be sure to use fresh oregano, not dried for this dish.
- Whole steamed artichoke
- Leftover pork chops
- Green salad or roasted Farmer’s Market vegetables
- Poached eggs over roasted asparagus with bacon and pecorino romano: top roasted or grilled asparagus with poached or fried eggs, crumbled bacon and cheese of your choice. A few toasted pine-nuts is also delicious.
- Green salad
- Bacon, lettuce & tomato sandwiches (may even toss in some avocado here): no explanation needed
- Green salad
- Date night!