Week of July 27th
- Grilled chicken breasts with fresh cheese and honey-roasted cherry tomatoes: my plan for this chicken is to coat the breasts with finely grated Parmesan cheese, then grill and top with a slice of fresh cheese (mozzarella, burrata or Camembert are all good choices), then spoon the tomatoes over the top.
- Watermelon & peach gazpacho with blue cheese & tarragon
- Coffee-marinated steaks
- Fresh Maryland corn on the cob with Old Bay butter: simply grill fresh-as-can-be corn and top with softened butter mixed with a good douse of Old Bay. Baltimore summer on a plate!
- Lemonade jelly with basil: this should be interesting.
- Indian butter chicken (also known as chicken tikka masala): this recipe comes from my favorite Indian cookbook — Indian Home Cooking by Suvir Saran. This is one of the few recipes in the book I have yet to try, so I am looking forward to tasting this classic dish.
- Mint raita: a riff on the classic cucumber raita with yogurt and lemon juice
- Grilled farmer’s market vegetables
- We are taking advantage of Baltimore’s summer restaurant week and are headed out to dinner this evening
- Leftover chicken with honey-roasted tomatoes
- Shaved zucchini salad with pine-nuts and pecorino romano cheese
- Leftover Indian
- Green salad
- Date Night!
YUM! Everything looks delicious. I will try the honey tomatoes.