Week of August 17th
- Supper Club tonight. The theme is regional Italian and we are charged with bringing a first course. I am making one of my all-time favorite Italian dishes from the region of Piedmont — Vitello Tonnato – or veal in tuna sauce. I know it sounds weird, but it’s delicious. Tender, poached veal is sliced thin and bathed in a wonderfully thick savory, eggy, custardy sauce. It’s served chilled or at room temp, so it’s perfect for summer dining.
- Grilled peaches with St. Nectaire cheese and prosciutto: Grill halved peaches. Top with a wedge of St. Nectaire cheese while still on the grill. Remove from heat and drape with the prosciutto. Certainly pecorino romano would also be delicious with this. We’re trying to give this meal a French twist as we have a beautiful bottle of Burgundy to open this evening.
- Grilled pork tenderloins with allspice rub a’la Julia Child
- Grilled Farmer’s Market mushrooms or fresh wilted swiss chard, whatever looks enticing today
- Leftover pork tenderloin
- Grilled corn on the cob
- Fresh green salad with red plums and blue cheese
- Indian chicken in white sauce
- Eggplant pickle
- Green salad with lemon and toasted pistachios
- Fresh fish from Frank’s Seafood Market
- Apricot, fennel and baby greens salad
- Leftover Indian chicken
- DATE NIGHT!