Week of October 5th
- We are headed to the Four Seasons for a celebratory birthday dinner with friends.
- Grilled lamb & fig skewers with peppery mint-apricot glaze
- Grilled eggplant slices
- Horta (this is so much fun to say! Try it. Horta, horta, horta.) Get yourself a huge bunch of fresh greens such as swiss chard or kale. Blanch quickly in boiling water, drain and serve with good olive oil, sea-salt and lemon juice. This is deceptively delicious.
- Fresh ahi tuna from the farmer’s market. I plan to drown this in Livornese sauce with a splash or two of my new, award-winning olive oil from Portugal. I could drink this stuff!
- The last of the farmer’s market freshly grilled corn on the cob
- Green salad with apple, walnuts and fennel
- Leftover lamb & fig skewers
- Greek salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, avocados and chunks of feta. I love this simply dressed with red wine vinegar, olive oil and handfuls of fresh oregano
- Lobster night! My husband is picking up 2 live, honking lobsters from Frank’s Seafood Market. I will keep it simple — just steam them and serve with clarified butter and lemon. Heaven.
- Arugula salad with grapes, lemon & olive oil
- Fresh grilled corn
- Poached eggs over roasted mushrooms with fresh herbs
- Green salad with toasted pecans, fresh tarragon and blue cheese
- Date Night!