Week of November 2nd
- Today we are spending the day packing and preparing for our upcoming trip to Europe — yay! We are celebrating our 10th anniversary with a trip to Venice, Burgundy and Paris. I have already researched and booked every restaurant, so plenty of details and pictures will follow upon our return. That being said, tonight’s dinner is up in the air. Will we be dining and dancing? Eating leftovers? Going out? I don’t even know yet …
- Hanger steak with mushrooms and red wine sauce: we have a lovely bottle of a Louis Jadot red burgundy we plan to open with this meal. We are gearing up our taste-buds for our upcoming tour of the Louis Jadot wine cellar in Beaune, France.
- Fall apple and comte cheese salad
- Anise-spiced squash soup with fennel chips
- Scallops with apple pan sauce
- Roasted farmer’s market root vegetables
- Leftover hanger steak
- Green salad
- Leftover squash soup
- Simple French omelets with fresh herbs
- We are catching a plane to Venice. Dinner in the air.
- Dinner in Venice — wheeeeee!