Week of January 28th
We just returned from a cruise yesterday, so expect a very stream-lined and easy menu this week.
- Slow-cooker pork chile verde (I made this before our trip and kept it in the freezer so I wouldn’t be scrambling for dinner our first week back).
- Freshly made guacamole
- Crisp green salad with feta cheese, toasted pepitas and a spicy lime vinaigrette (whisk lime juice, oil and sriracha sauce to taste. Add salt and pepper and there is your salad dressing).
Pork Chile Verde Recipe:
This is crazy easy and is open to all sorts of interpretation:
Toss into a slow cooker the following: 1 to 2 pounds cubed boneless pork loin, several cans of diced green chile peppers, 1 diced white onion & 1 to 2 jars of your favorite green salsa. Add a sprinkle or two of ground cumin, 1 cup of chicken broth and 1/2 cup of beer. Stir. Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 6. I like to serve it with loads of fresh chopped cilantro, cubed feta cheese, warm corn tortillas and sliced pickled jalapenos.
- Whole wheat pasta with a quick pomodoro sauce
- Shaved fennel and butter lettuce salad with garbonzo beans and sherry wine vinegar
- Pan-seared fish (whatever looks fresh at the fish market on the way home from work)
- Wilted garlic spinach
- Roasted spiced butternut squash
- Leftover chile verde
- Green salad
- Dinner out!