Week of February 23rd
- We are headed to a new local restaurant tonight with friends. I have been looking forward to testing out Fleet Street Kitchen for weeks now, so expect a review to follow shortly.
- Today will be a Burmese food extravaganza. I am finally diving into my new cookbook, “Burma; Rivers of Flavor” by Naomi Duguid.
- Kachin-pounded beef with fresh herbs. The author describes this dish as, “one of the most unusual and delicious dishes I have ever come across.” How can I resist?
- Eggplant Delight (Recipe to come)
- Crunchy Burmese ginger salad
- Pan-roasted brined pork chops (brine these the day before and you are all set for a quick weeknight dinner).
- Wilted red cabbage with sherry wine vinegar and toasted caraway seeds
- Leftover Burmese food
- Market fresh fish (whatever Mr. Fishmonger recommends today).
- Fennel and orange salad with red onion and fresh mint
- Leftover Burmese food (if there is any), otherwise I will whip something up on the spot. Likely a simple frittata with vegetables and cheese.
- Friday night date night! We are going out.