Week of March 23rd
Restaurants nearly dominate my agenda this week thanks to my family visiting from California. We’ll be trying new places as well as introducing them to some of our old favorites. Expect some upcoming restaurant reviews.
- We will be in Washington D.C. all day. We’re checking out the new food exhibit at the Smithsonian followed by dinner at Little Serow, a Thai restaurant I have been anxious to try. My husband and I attempted to get in to Little Serow a few months ago with no luck, so here’s hoping we get a table the second time around. I have heard wonderful things about this Thai tasting menu.
- Once again, we are headed out to dinner locally. Less time in the kitchen for me equals more time with my mom and dad — yeah! Restaurant and review to come.
- Harissa-marinated top-sirloin tips ( I highly recommend making your own harissa for this, it’s worth it.)
- Spinach and chickpea salad with smoky lemon-tahini dressing
- Leftover Indian pepper chicken (from last week).
- Seafood Market fish night. I am hoping the Ahi tuna looks good as I am craving fresh tuna with Livornese sauce.
- Green salad or roasted vegetables — whatever I have on hand.
- Leftover harissa-marinated steak
- Brown rice
- Green salad
- Out! Out! Out! Told ya this week was heavy on the restaurants.