Week of May 18th
- We are headed to Preakness to watch the 2nd leg of the Triple Crown. Maybe we’ll come out big winners! I don’t know what I’ll be enjoying for dinner, but I do know I’ll indulge in a mint julep or two.
- Pork tenderloin with spiced rhubarb chutney
- Pot-roasted baby artichokes
- Grilled vegetables from the Farmer’s Market: I plan to toss whatever looks good on the grill for a simple and seasonal side dish.
- Poached Arctic char with basil-tarragon mayonnaise: homemade mayo is dreamy and nothing like the gluey crap found in the jar. Please don’t make this dish if you aren’t going to tackle the homemade mayo. It’s worth it!
- Grilled asparagus
- Beef tenderloin steaks with horseradish, rhubarb and wine: I look forward to the fleeting rhubarb season every year simply so I can make this dish. We will have it over and over and over again (sorry dear husband) until the rhubarb is old and limp. I ADORE this dish. Don’t be surprised to see it on my menu weekly for the next few weeks. YUM!
- Green salad with walnut oil and apple balsamic vinaigrette: I make a simple vinaigrette with roasted walnut oil and apple balsamic from seasonstaproom.com. It’s a fantastic combination and one that I cannot seem to get enough of. I could drink this stuff.
- Birthday bash! We are headed out with friends to enjoy a casual dinner at our favorite neighborhood joint — Blue Hill Tavern.
- Leftover pork tenderloin
- Green salad
- Poached eggs over mushrooms
- Green salad