Week of May 25th
- Dinner on the grill followed by Boogie Nights!!!! We should be dancing … yeah!
- Lucknowi lamb chops with green herb chutney (from Steven Raichlen’s Planet Barbecue)
- Roasted eggplant and tomato salad with Jerusalem flavors (also from Planet Barbecue)
- We are dressing up and heading out for a fancy pants dinner and night on the town. Wheee!
- Hand-pulled homemade fresh mozzarella cheese with hunks o’ bread and olive oil. My cheese curds are all ready to go. All I need to do is heat and stretch.
- Chilled glasses filled with Veuve Clicquot: we are celebrating Memorial Day Weekend after all.
- Spring Egg Drop Soup: a light dish to follow the cheese and bread
- Poached eggs over mushrooms
- Simple green salad
- Beef tenderloin steaks with horseradish, rhubarb and wine
- Snap pea salad with fresh cheese and lemon vinaigrette
- Rotisserie chicken on the grill smothered in a strawberry-jalapeno BBQ sauce: I haven’t made this before, but I know I will tweak the recipe. I think it calls for too much sugar and not enough spice, so I will adjust accordingly.
- Rotisserie grilled whole sweet onions: take whole, unpeeled Vidalia onions, shove them on to your rotisserie apparatus and grill until soft and caramelized, about 45 minutes. Split open onions, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea-salt and serve. These onions are sweet, buttery-soft and delicious.
- Israeli salad: this is just a mix of chopped fresh fruits and vegetables dressed with lemon juice, olive oil and fresh herbs. Our version usually consists of finely chopped tomatoes, avocados, onions and cucumbers with plenty of freshly chopped mint.
- Out to dinner tonight