Week of June 22nd
- Out on the town with pals from the burbs — whoo hoo!
- Turkey shawarma with tomato relish and tahini sauce
- Cucumber, tomato and feta salad with fresh oregano
- Vietnamese caramelized lemongrass shrimp: I am very excited to try this dish. I have cracked open my new Vietnamese cookbook (Vietnamese Home Cooking by Charles Phan) and cannot wait to try some of the recipes. I have been drooling over the street food chapter. I plan to make a big batch of the caramel sauce over the weekend so it’s ready to go. Apparently it stores very well in the pantry.
- Roasted eggplant and leek salad: Also from my new cookbook
- Gal’s Night Out! This means nacho night and boy movie for my husband.
- Grilled chicken with lemon, shallots and mint: I plan to toss chicken pieces in a combination of lemon juice, white wine, thinly sliced shallots and fresh herbs from the garden. Marinate for 30 minutes or so and toss on the grill. Slice and fan over the pea puree. Crumbled feta on top is a nice touch as well.
- Pea puree: yes, this is a repeat from just a few weeks ago. I need to get my peas in while they are fresh at the Farmer’s Market.
- Roasted Cauliflower
- Leftover shawarma
- Date night!