Week of October 12th
- Out to dinner with friends this evening. I may not be cooking tonight, but I am whipping together a homemade minestrone soup during the day to have on hand for lunches all week. We are also attending a Burgundy wine seminar, so more info to follow if we discover any fantastic buys.
- Clam and bacon pizza: I am not normally a pizza person, but this recipe looks so good I can’t help myself.
- Simple arugula salad dressed with lemon juice and olive oil
- Chicken cacciatore: this is so easy to play with and hard to screw up. To make it even easier, ignore the recipe and do the following: get yourself two large skillets. Use one to brown chicken pieces and the other to saute a mix of garlic, onions, bell peppers and mushrooms. Combine all, dump in your favorite marinara sauce and some wine, add fresh or dried herbs and stir. Serve with chunks of bread and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Butter lettuce salad with fennel, toasted walnuts, apples and blue cheese
- Leftover chicken cacciatore. This is the kind of dish that is even better the next day. Can’t wait!
- African Adobo-rubbed tuna steaks with avocado salsa
- Champagne vinegar-pickled cucumbers
- Horta: on the menu for the second week in a row. Try it. You’ll like it.
- Grilled steaks the Italian way: top cooked steaks with a squirt of fresh lemon juice, a few thin shavings of Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of peppery, high-quality olive oil.
- Spinach salad with toasted pine-nuts, dried cherries and fresh goat cheese
- A visit to the hair salon and then out. No cooking tonight!