No cooking for me tonight. We are going with friends to check out a restaurant my husband has been clamoring to try. Definitely more to come …
- Sicilian style fennel and orange salad with red onions, mint and oil-cured olives
- Roasted tomatoes with Stilton and watercress: any blue cheese will work here, but Stilton certainly brings that delightful kick and stands up to the spicy watercress.
- Porchetta-style stuffed pork chops
- Asian inspired “rice” bowls with freekeh: apparently freekeh is the new super grain with more protein than quinoa. I plan to serve bowls of hot freekeh with a buffet of sides and Asian sauces so we can spice up our individual bowls to our liking. Fun fixings as follows:
- Stir-fried baby bok choy with soy sauce and garlic
- Soft boiled eggs — I love it when these are soft and gooey in the middle and barely cooked. YUM!
- Stir-fried tofu and mushrooms with some sort of sauce and heat factor — will figure that out in the kitchen
- Chopped peanuts, fresh herbs and kimchee
- My own special hot sauce I like to call Jo Ssam … more to come on that.
- Stuffed peppers with tomato sauce: season ground beef or turkey with your favorite spices, add in a bit of rice (or in my case, leftover freekeh) and mix together. Stuff into bell peppers, top with your favorite tomato sauce and bake. I might even sprinkle on a bit of cheese.
- Roasted cauliflower: cauliflower florets. Olive oil. Salt and pepper. Blast in a 450 degree oven for about 20 minutes and you get vegetable candy. Delicious.
- Leftovers: freekeh bowls or stuffed peppers, whichever has yet to be transformed into work lunches.
- Red snapper Veracruz style
- Green salad with toasted pepitas and lime vinaigrette
Date night! Wheeeee!
Pingback: Derailed Dinner Plans | Dining With DINKS