This week might be loony. We are expecting an epic snowstorm and I have a broken foot, so I am not exactly sure what I’ll be cooking and when. A lot depends on how housebound we are and how my little footie feels. That being said, below are the meals I hope to tackle this week, in no particular order.
We currently have birthday dinner plans to celebrate with friends, but that will depend on the weather. The current forecast is for a ridiculous amount of snow and blizzard conditions. If we cannot get out, then I will be getting creative in the kitchen. Likely omelets or my Asian-inspired freekeh bowls, which I did not get around to making last week.
- Boeuf Bourguignon: A delicious classic. I cannot think of anything better to have while snow is falling and temps are dropping.
- Boiled potatoes tossed with parsley and butter
- Simple green salad with a strong, mustardy vinaigrette
It’s restaurant week in Baltimore and we are taking advantage with friends, assuming we are not snowed in. Stay tuned.
- Ethiopian spiced chicken stew: Warm. Spicy. Nutritious. This is what slow-cookers and winter nights are made for.
- Roasted cauliflower: Cauliflower florets. Olive oil. Salt and pepper. Blast in a 450 degree oven for about 20 minutes and you get vegetable candy. Delicious.
- Leftovers tonight
- Chicken with tomatoes and capers
- Green salad with toasted pine-nuts, lemon and Parmesan
Date night! Wheeeee!