This Indian pepper chicken is a staple in my house. And, it’s even easy enough to pull together on a weeknight. Bonus! If you enjoy Indian food, you will love this dish. It also makes the house smell lovely — all warm and spicy and exotic. Try it. You’ll like it.
The dish is fabulous to eat, but it certainly doesn’t photograph well, hence the absence of a picture. It looks appetizing in person, but translates into brown goop when photographed. Sort of like the eggplant pickle I made below. Which, however murky and weird it looks in the photo, was outstanding. It was so good, in fact, that I am planning additional Indian food for next week’s menu so we can enjoy the pickle again. Recipe to come.
Sweet & Spicy Eggplant Pickle
Sunday night’s Italian feast was simple and delicious:
Prosciutto and incredibly sweet melon, porchetta-style pork chops and a zucchini ribbon salad.
Zucchini Ribbon Salad with Fresh Pesto and Cherry Tomatoes
Fennel-Crusted Porchetta Chops with Zucchini Ribbon Salad
Week of August 3rd
It’s summer. It’s hot. This makes me lazy. So, this week’s menu is organized as such. I may switch things up, may whip up meals based on what looks good at the market and will likely not follow many recipes. That being said, here’s what we’ll be dining on this week (sort of):
- Grilled eggplant and peppers topped with spicy marinated mozzarella
- Roasted cherry tomatoes
- Dry-aged rib eye steaks (the older the better). These are going to be simply grilled with just a bit of good olive oil and a crust of herbs de Provence.
- Some kind o’ fish. Whatever looks fresh and still jumping from the Farmer’s Market
- Grilled corn on the cob
- Green salad with feta-stuffed grilled nectarines and violet balsamic vinaigrette
- Leftover chicken
- Green salad
- Heirloom tomato salad omelets with fresh basil, olive oil and sea-salt. Simply make a plain or cheese omelet and top with fresh heirloom tomatoes, high quality extra virgin olive oil, basil and sea-salt. This dish is simply heavenly but does require the freshest ingredients possible.
- Zucchini Salad